No. of Roties : 6
Recipe Cuisine : Punjabi,Indian
Author : Sritama
1. 250 gm wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
2. 250 gm gram flour ( besan )
3. 1 finely chopped onions
4. some fresh coriander leaves
5. some dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
6. 1 teaspoon dry roasted carom seeds
7. 1 teaspoon cumin powder
8. 1 pinch of turmeric powder
9. 1 tablespoon dry roasted special masala (cumin,coriander,kasuri methi,ajwain,whole garam masala)
10. 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
11. salt to taste
12. sugar 1 tablespoon
13. 3 chopped green chillies
14. 1 tablespoon butter
15. 2-3 tablespoon ghee
Step 1 :Take the atta,besan,onions,chillies,coriander leaves & all the spices in a bowl.Add salt & sugar and some ghee.Mix it well, knead a soft dough for 10 minutes.Add some butter & mix it for another 2 minutes.Cover it into an air tight container.Allow the dough to rest for atleast one hour.
Step 2 : After one hour, mix the dough once and make medium size balls from the dough.Spread some dust flour on the rolling board.Take the ball on it and flatten it like a regular roti.
Step 3 : Place the roti on a hot tawa and roast it for few seconds.Flip it and roast the other side for another few seconds until it is golden.Now Spread some ghee on the top of the roti and serve it hot with Dal Fry.
Video Link of the Recipe :